BMG SPORTS, LLC - AMERITOURNEYS
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
(Including General Release and Covenant Not to Sue)
IN CONSIDERATION of my minor child(ren) being allowed to participate in any way in any Ameritourneys event, and on behalf of my minor child(ren), the undersigned agrees and states as follows:
- I understand that even though Ameritourneys rules, equipment, training, and discipline are designed to avoid any injury, the risk of injury from activities involved in an Ameritourneys event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
- On behalf of my child(ren) and for myself, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, arising out of, related to and resulting from participation in this program, both known and unknown, including but not limited to practices, tournaments and games or otherwise, even if arising from the negligence of Ameritourneys, its officers, members, coaches, commissioners, officials, employees, volunteers, and others acting on Ameritourney’s behalf (collectively, the “Releasees”), and assume full responsibility for my child(ren)’s participation to the fullest extent of the law.
- I acknowledge that despite additional federal, state, and other preventative guidelines implemented by Ameritourneys as a direct response to the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”), that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can be spread from person-to-person contact. I further acknowledge that those engaged in the Sport are not immune from COVID-19 or the associated risks thereof. Accordingly, I certify and acknowledge that my child(ren) may be exposed to COVID-19 while participating in the Sport. I hereby certify that I willingly allow my child(ren) to participate and reaffirm that I freely assume all associated risks.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of Ameritourneys for the participation of my child(ren). If, however, I observe any risk of injury or death which is not inherent in the Ameritourneys event while my child(ren) participate(s) in the event, I will remove my child(ren) from participation immediately.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my child(ren), our heirs, assigns, representatives, and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless the Releasees with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property, arising out of, resulting from, related to, or connected with, in any manner whatsoever, directly or indirectly, the participation or involvement of my child(ren) in Ameritourneys events.
- I hereby certify that, as the parent or guardian of my child(ren), I have legal responsibility for and authority to sign this Release and Waiver of Liability on behalf of my child(ren). I further certify that I have read this Release and Waiver in full, understand its terms, understand that substantial rights will be given up by signing it, and sign it voluntarily, without duress or coercion.
I acknowledge that participating in the sports of basketball and volleyball (the “Sports”) can be dangerous activities involving many risks of injury. I further acknowledge that Ameritourneys is a for-profit corporation formed to advance league play of the Sports, the efforts of which directly benefit me. In consideration of the acceptance of me by Ameritourneys as a participant in a sports league release and forever discharge any and all liabilities, claims, losses, demands, costs, expenses, or rights of action, of whatever kind or nature, which I have or which may hereafter accrue to me against Ameritourneys, the parish/school listed above, or their respective trustees, officers, employees, coaches, agents, administrators, members, sponsors, promoters or affiliates, arising from or by reason of any bodily or personal injury or property damage which may be sustained by me directly or indirectly in connection with my participation in any of the Sports during or following the above school year. I agree, for myself and successors, that this Agreement and Release of Liability contains the entire agreement between myself and Ameritourneys and that the terms hereof are contractual and not a mere recital. I currently have no know physical or mental condition that would impair my capability for full participation as intended and expected of me.
I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage my child may suffer or cause while participating in an Ameritourneys activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that my child has no medical or physical condition which could interfere with his/her safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
PLEASE NOTE that you are submitting an electronic form. By checking the box below, you are also agreeing that by typing your name into the Parent or Guardian Name box below, that this constitutes a binding agreement and that all information provided in the form is correct.